Olympia Fine Art association has come up with the idea to put up an exhibition in India. As UTPAL BARUA is the elected board member of India, the exhibition was proposed to be held from the native place he hails from, Guwahati.
The main aim of the exhibition is to promote North-East India.It comprises of eight states where Sikkim recently became apart of North-East. It is thus a grand exposition of cultural symbiosis with its diverse ethnic groups and sub-groups forming a cultural mosaic of art, culture and heritage. It lies at the center of one of the world’s richest bio-geographic area with its unique flora and fauna. Guwahati, lies at the heart of this cultural museum. As it rests on the banks of the mighty Brahmaputra with its serene soothing hills and valleys, it transcends one to a place almost magical .
The Srimanta Sankardeva Kalakshetra is a cultural institution located in Guwahati, Assam. Named after the medieval poet-playwright and reformer Srimanta Sankardev, it includes a cultural museum, library, open-air theatre spread over a sprawling 40-acre campus and is Northeast India’s largest cultural congregation. With a rare collection of artifacts and the hub of cultural and literary congregation, it is a reflection of the life and culture of North-East India. Thus it is indeed befitting that Shankardeva Kalakshetra is the platform for the various artists from all over the globe to celebrate their talent .
OFAA (Olympia Fine Art Artists) was formed during the Olympic games, which was held in Beijing in the year 2008. It comprises of more than 100 fantastic Artists from all over the globe. The Excellent Artworks with the theme “China and the world” of these renowned Artists were selected by the Olympic fine Arts Committee for an exhibition, which was held at the China International Exhibition Centre, Beijing in August 2008. Headed by an Artist named PAUL TIILILÄ from Finland, OFAA was founded by that energetic group of Artists with full of zeal and enthusiasm and was registered in Finland as an active art association .
- In the year 2009, the OFAA board organized its first meeting n Venice, Italy where PAUL TIILILÄ from Finland and KHALID MITHU from Bangladesh were selected as president and vice president respectively.
- Year 2009 also experienced the participation of 20 OFAA artists in the 100 Excellent Artists Exhibition, which was held in Penang/Malaysia .
- The second annual meeting was held in Srajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina in the year 2010.
- 27 OFAA artists participated in 2010 for two exhibitions in Bosnia & Herzegovina, one in the Olympic City of Sarajevo and second in the City of the Olympic athletes, Banja Luka .
- In 2011, the 3rd annual meeting of OFAA was held in Venice on 6th of June, where LENA KELEKIAN was elected as the President and PAUL TIILILÄ as Vice-President .
- OFAA exhibition was held in Jakarta, Indonesia for a month from 8th July to 8th August.
- In the year 2013, the 4th Annual meeting of OFAA was held in Venice in the month of June, where elected board members were UTPAL BARUA from India, CRISTINA GORI from Italy, HARALD SCHOLE from The Netherlands, HERTHA MIESSNER from Germany, TERO ANNANOLLI from Finland, Victoria CANO PÉREZ from Spain, RYU ILSEON from Korea and SHATARSAIKHAN BIZIYA from Mongolia .
The formal exhibition of the “Olympic Fine Arts 2008″ event opened in Beijing Monday 12th August 2008.
Olympic Fine Arts 2008, Beijing, China, August 2008.